Jul 10, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Just hours after signing restricted free agent forward Carl Hagelin, the New York Rangers re-upped with another RFA — defenseman Justin Falk.
Falk, acquired at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft from Minnesota, has signed a one-year, $975,000 deal, according to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News.
Falk, 24, has solidified himself as an everyday NHL player during the last two seasons. He played in most of the 2013 regular season (36 games), although his ice time plummeted from 19:30 minutes per game in 2011-12 to just 13:13 last season.
Falk’s best season came in 2011-12, when he played a career-high 47 games and racked up a career-high nine points.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9