Jul 10, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
It’s been a tough week for Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.
First, there was that story in the Ottawa Citizen that suggested he isn’t as rich as he used to be.
Then, yesterday, on top of everything else, his plan to build a casino was scuttled by the city.
Melnyk had hoped the casino project would offset the “substantial losses” of the hockey club.
While he said he has no plans to sell the team, it’s clear the Sens won’t be among the big spenders in the NHL anytime soon.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2