Jul 10, 2013, 4:54 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed center Joe Colborne to a one-year contract, the club announced today.
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, it’s a one-way deal for $600,000.
Colborne, 23, spent most of last season in the AHL with the Marlies, scoring 14 goals and adding 28 assists in 65 games. He appeared in five regular-season games for the Leafs, plus two more in the playoffs, failing to register a point.
Boston’s 16th overall pick in 2008, Colborne was sent to the Leafs as part of the Tomas Kaberle trade in 2011. Next season figures to be a big one for Colborne in his quest to become an NHL regular, but it may not be easy cracking a roster that already has four centers in Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, Dave Bolland, and Jay McClement.
The Leafs also signed minor-league forward Troy Bodie to a one-year deal.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)