Jul 10, 2013, 4:54 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed center Joe Colborne to a one-year contract, the club announced today.
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, it’s a one-way deal for $600,000.
Colborne, 23, spent most of last season in the AHL with the Marlies, scoring 14 goals and adding 28 assists in 65 games. He appeared in five regular-season games for the Leafs, plus two more in the playoffs, failing to register a point.
Boston’s 16th overall pick in 2008, Colborne was sent to the Leafs as part of the Tomas Kaberle trade in 2011. Next season figures to be a big one for Colborne in his quest to become an NHL regular, but it may not be easy cracking a roster that already has four centers in Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, Dave Bolland, and Jay McClement.
The Leafs also signed minor-league forward Troy Bodie to a one-year deal.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)