Jul 10, 2013, 4:54 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed center Joe Colborne to a one-year contract, the club announced today.
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, it’s a one-way deal for $600,000.
Colborne, 23, spent most of last season in the AHL with the Marlies, scoring 14 goals and adding 28 assists in 65 games. He appeared in five regular-season games for the Leafs, plus two more in the playoffs, failing to register a point.
Boston’s 16th overall pick in 2008, Colborne was sent to the Leafs as part of the Tomas Kaberle trade in 2011. Next season figures to be a big one for Colborne in his quest to become an NHL regular, but it may not be easy cracking a roster that already has four centers in Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, Dave Bolland, and Jay McClement.
The Leafs also signed minor-league forward Troy Bodie to a one-year deal.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25