Jul 10, 2013, 4:54 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed center Joe Colborne to a one-year contract, the club announced today.
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, it’s a one-way deal for $600,000.
Colborne, 23, spent most of last season in the AHL with the Marlies, scoring 14 goals and adding 28 assists in 65 games. He appeared in five regular-season games for the Leafs, plus two more in the playoffs, failing to register a point.
Boston’s 16th overall pick in 2008, Colborne was sent to the Leafs as part of the Tomas Kaberle trade in 2011. Next season figures to be a big one for Colborne in his quest to become an NHL regular, but it may not be easy cracking a roster that already has four centers in Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, Dave Bolland, and Jay McClement.
The Leafs also signed minor-league forward Troy Bodie to a one-year deal.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)