Jul 10, 2013, 4:54 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed center Joe Colborne to a one-year contract, the club announced today.
Per Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston, it’s a one-way deal for $600,000.
Colborne, 23, spent most of last season in the AHL with the Marlies, scoring 14 goals and adding 28 assists in 65 games. He appeared in five regular-season games for the Leafs, plus two more in the playoffs, failing to register a point.
Boston’s 16th overall pick in 2008, Colborne was sent to the Leafs as part of the Tomas Kaberle trade in 2011. Next season figures to be a big one for Colborne in his quest to become an NHL regular, but it may not be easy cracking a roster that already has four centers in Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, Dave Bolland, and Jay McClement.
The Leafs also signed minor-league forward Troy Bodie to a one-year deal.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)