Jul 9, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with forward Andy Miele on a one-year contract extension, the club announced on Tuesday.
Miele, 25, joined the ‘Yotes in 2011 after a standout collegiate career at Miami (Ohio) University, where he captured the ’11 Hobey Baker in his senior season (beating out Columbus’ Cam Atkinson and Los Angeles’ Matt Frattin.)
Though he hasn’t made much of an impact at the NHL level — he’s appeared in just eight games over the course of two seasons — Miele has emerged as a talented AHL scorer.
He’s led the Portland Pirates in scoring in each of the last two seasons, and tied for 20th in the league in assists (34) in 2013.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)