Jul 9, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with forward Andy Miele on a one-year contract extension, the club announced on Tuesday.
Miele, 25, joined the ‘Yotes in 2011 after a standout collegiate career at Miami (Ohio) University, where he captured the ’11 Hobey Baker in his senior season (beating out Columbus’ Cam Atkinson and Los Angeles’ Matt Frattin.)
Though he hasn’t made much of an impact at the NHL level — he’s appeared in just eight games over the course of two seasons — Miele has emerged as a talented AHL scorer.
He’s led the Portland Pirates in scoring in each of the last two seasons, and tied for 20th in the league in assists (34) in 2013.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 71
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (71)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)