Jul 9, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with forward Andy Miele on a one-year contract extension, the club announced on Tuesday.
Miele, 25, joined the ‘Yotes in 2011 after a standout collegiate career at Miami (Ohio) University, where he captured the ’11 Hobey Baker in his senior season (beating out Columbus’ Cam Atkinson and Los Angeles’ Matt Frattin.)
Though he hasn’t made much of an impact at the NHL level — he’s appeared in just eight games over the course of two seasons — Miele has emerged as a talented AHL scorer.
He’s led the Portland Pirates in scoring in each of the last two seasons, and tied for 20th in the league in assists (34) in 2013.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)