Jul 9, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with forward Andy Miele on a one-year contract extension, the club announced on Tuesday.
Miele, 25, joined the ‘Yotes in 2011 after a standout collegiate career at Miami (Ohio) University, where he captured the ’11 Hobey Baker in his senior season (beating out Columbus’ Cam Atkinson and Los Angeles’ Matt Frattin.)
Though he hasn’t made much of an impact at the NHL level — he’s appeared in just eight games over the course of two seasons — Miele has emerged as a talented AHL scorer.
He’s led the Portland Pirates in scoring in each of the last two seasons, and tied for 20th in the league in assists (34) in 2013.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11