Jul 9, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes have agreed to terms with forward Andy Miele on a one-year contract extension, the club announced on Tuesday.
Miele, 25, joined the ‘Yotes in 2011 after a standout collegiate career at Miami (Ohio) University, where he captured the ’11 Hobey Baker in his senior season (beating out Columbus’ Cam Atkinson and Los Angeles’ Matt Frattin.)
Though he hasn’t made much of an impact at the NHL level — he’s appeared in just eight games over the course of two seasons — Miele has emerged as a talented AHL scorer.
He’s led the Portland Pirates in scoring in each of the last two seasons, and tied for 20th in the league in assists (34) in 2013.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 0
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 31
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)