Jul 9, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Sitting between Dallas general manager Jim Nill and the Stars’ other big trade acquisition, Shawn Horcoff, Seguin stuck by his original story that hackers were to blame.
“It was very unfortunate, the time period when it was all happening,” said Seguin.”My Twitter was, in fact, taken over along with a few other things that are with my name. It definitely didn’t feel good that my name was out there saying negative things. But I definitely want to apologize to anyone that was hurt by what I said.”
Seguin, 21, doesn’t believe one of his friends was responsible for Saturday’s tweet.
Oh, and he’s looking forward to playing center, his natural position, in Dallas.
Nill, by the way, stood by Seguin’s version of the story.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)