Jul 9, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Sitting between Dallas general manager Jim Nill and the Stars’ other big trade acquisition, Shawn Horcoff, Seguin stuck by his original story that hackers were to blame.
“It was very unfortunate, the time period when it was all happening,” said Seguin.”My Twitter was, in fact, taken over along with a few other things that are with my name. It definitely didn’t feel good that my name was out there saying negative things. But I definitely want to apologize to anyone that was hurt by what I said.”
Seguin, 21, doesn’t believe one of his friends was responsible for Saturday’s tweet.
Oh, and he’s looking forward to playing center, his natural position, in Dallas.
Nill, by the way, stood by Seguin’s version of the story.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 14
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (33)