Jul 9, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Sitting between Dallas general manager Jim Nill and the Stars’ other big trade acquisition, Shawn Horcoff, Seguin stuck by his original story that hackers were to blame.
“It was very unfortunate, the time period when it was all happening,” said Seguin.”My Twitter was, in fact, taken over along with a few other things that are with my name. It definitely didn’t feel good that my name was out there saying negative things. But I definitely want to apologize to anyone that was hurt by what I said.”
Seguin, 21, doesn’t believe one of his friends was responsible for Saturday’s tweet.
Oh, and he’s looking forward to playing center, his natural position, in Dallas.
Nill, by the way, stood by Seguin’s version of the story.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)