Jul 9, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Sitting between Dallas general manager Jim Nill and the Stars’ other big trade acquisition, Shawn Horcoff, Seguin stuck by his original story that hackers were to blame.
“It was very unfortunate, the time period when it was all happening,” said Seguin.”My Twitter was, in fact, taken over along with a few other things that are with my name. It definitely didn’t feel good that my name was out there saying negative things. But I definitely want to apologize to anyone that was hurt by what I said.”
Seguin, 21, doesn’t believe one of his friends was responsible for Saturday’s tweet.
Oh, and he’s looking forward to playing center, his natural position, in Dallas.
Nill, by the way, stood by Seguin’s version of the story.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 13
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 11
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 60
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (60)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)