Jul 9, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Former 50-goal scorer Jonathan Cheechoo is off to the KHL to play for Medveščak Zagreb, according to multiple reports.
Cheechoo, 32, has spent the last three seasons in the AHL trying to rediscover the form that saw him score 56 times in 2005-06 for the San Jose Sharks.
Winning the Rocket Richard Trophy would mark the high point of his career.
In 2009, Cheechoo was traded to Ottawa, along with Milan Michalek, for Dany Heatley. But he only scored five goals in 61 games for the Senators before being sent down to Binghamton. His contract was eventually bought out by the Sens.
Cheechoo had 13 goals in 35 games last year for Oklahoma City.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)