Jul 9, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Former 50-goal scorer Jonathan Cheechoo is off to the KHL to play for Medveščak Zagreb, according to multiple reports.
Cheechoo, 32, has spent the last three seasons in the AHL trying to rediscover the form that saw him score 56 times in 2005-06 for the San Jose Sharks.
Winning the Rocket Richard Trophy would mark the high point of his career.
In 2009, Cheechoo was traded to Ottawa, along with Milan Michalek, for Dany Heatley. But he only scored five goals in 61 games for the Senators before being sent down to Binghamton. His contract was eventually bought out by the Sens.
Cheechoo had 13 goals in 35 games last year for Oklahoma City.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)