Jul 9, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Former 50-goal scorer Jonathan Cheechoo is off to the KHL to play for Medveščak Zagreb, according to multiple reports.
Cheechoo, 32, has spent the last three seasons in the AHL trying to rediscover the form that saw him score 56 times in 2005-06 for the San Jose Sharks.
Winning the Rocket Richard Trophy would mark the high point of his career.
In 2009, Cheechoo was traded to Ottawa, along with Milan Michalek, for Dany Heatley. But he only scored five goals in 61 games for the Senators before being sent down to Binghamton. His contract was eventually bought out by the Sens.
Cheechoo had 13 goals in 35 games last year for Oklahoma City.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15