Jul 9, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Celebrities love shiny things and everyone loves the Stanley Cup. Many people enjoy making fun of said celebrities.
With these undeniable truths in mind, it seems appropriate to note that Chicago Blackhawks marketing guy Peter Hassen Tweeted this photo of Justin Bieber posing alongside the sacred chalice:
Non-Beliebers are probably deeply offended by this blasphemous affront, but it’s far from the only time a polarizing pop culture figure posed with “the greatest trophy in sports.”
Here’s a quick gallery of famous people* (and a few B-list celebrities) with the Cup, because why not:
* – OK, much of this list skews more toward the B-List, but are you complaining?
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38