Jul 9, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Celebrities love shiny things and everyone loves the Stanley Cup. Many people enjoy making fun of said celebrities.
With these undeniable truths in mind, it seems appropriate to note that Chicago Blackhawks marketing guy Peter Hassen Tweeted this photo of Justin Bieber posing alongside the sacred chalice:
Non-Beliebers are probably deeply offended by this blasphemous affront, but it’s far from the only time a polarizing pop culture figure posed with “the greatest trophy in sports.”
Here’s a quick gallery of famous people* (and a few B-list celebrities) with the Cup, because why not:
* – OK, much of this list skews more toward the B-List, but are you complaining?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5