Jul 9, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Celebrities love shiny things and everyone loves the Stanley Cup. Many people enjoy making fun of said celebrities.
With these undeniable truths in mind, it seems appropriate to note that Chicago Blackhawks marketing guy Peter Hassen Tweeted this photo of Justin Bieber posing alongside the sacred chalice:
Non-Beliebers are probably deeply offended by this blasphemous affront, but it’s far from the only time a polarizing pop culture figure posed with “the greatest trophy in sports.”
Here’s a quick gallery of famous people* (and a few B-list celebrities) with the Cup, because why not:
* – OK, much of this list skews more toward the B-List, but are you complaining?
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4