Jul 8, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
Jonathan Drouin, the third overall pick in this year’s NHL draft, took to the ice on the first day of Tampa Bay Lightning development camp over the weekend, before meeting with the media to discuss his role on the team.
“Obviously I’m an offensive guy, so I don’t think I’ll be playing third line, fourth line, stuff like that,” Drouin told reporters.
“I want to be in the top six…I’ll just play the same way I’ve been playing and they’re going to choose.”
Drouin, who signed an entry level deal with the Lightning on Friday, scored 41 goals and had 105 points in 49 games with the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads this past season.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 57
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)