Jul 8, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
Jonathan Drouin, the third overall pick in this year’s NHL draft, took to the ice on the first day of Tampa Bay Lightning development camp over the weekend, before meeting with the media to discuss his role on the team.
“Obviously I’m an offensive guy, so I don’t think I’ll be playing third line, fourth line, stuff like that,” Drouin told reporters.
“I want to be in the top six…I’ll just play the same way I’ve been playing and they’re going to choose.”
Drouin, who signed an entry level deal with the Lightning on Friday, scored 41 goals and had 105 points in 49 games with the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads this past season.
- In praise of John Tavares 0
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 7
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31