Jul 8, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
Jonathan Drouin, the third overall pick in this year’s NHL draft, took to the ice on the first day of Tampa Bay Lightning development camp over the weekend, before meeting with the media to discuss his role on the team.
“Obviously I’m an offensive guy, so I don’t think I’ll be playing third line, fourth line, stuff like that,” Drouin told reporters.
“I want to be in the top six…I’ll just play the same way I’ve been playing and they’re going to choose.”
Drouin, who signed an entry level deal with the Lightning on Friday, scored 41 goals and had 105 points in 49 games with the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads this past season.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29