Jul 8, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
Jonathan Drouin, the third overall pick in this year’s NHL draft, took to the ice on the first day of Tampa Bay Lightning development camp over the weekend, before meeting with the media to discuss his role on the team.
“Obviously I’m an offensive guy, so I don’t think I’ll be playing third line, fourth line, stuff like that,” Drouin told reporters.
“I want to be in the top six…I’ll just play the same way I’ve been playing and they’re going to choose.”
Drouin, who signed an entry level deal with the Lightning on Friday, scored 41 goals and had 105 points in 49 games with the QMJHL’s Halifax Mooseheads this past season.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)