Jul 8, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Dallas GM Jim Nill continued to rebuild his club’s center position on Monday, agreeing to terms with ex-Nashville Predator Chris Mueller.
It’s a one-year deal, with money and specifics (one-way/two-way) not yet announced.
Mueller, 27, appeared in 37 games with the Preds over the last three years, and enjoyed a career season in 2013, scoring 2G-3A-5PTS in 18 games while averaging over 10 minutes per night.
A former teammate of David Booth, Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader at Michigan State, Mueller heads to Dallas looking to secure a spot behind the club’s newly-minted trio of centers: Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley, acquired as part of the Loui Eriksson-to-Boston blockbuster; and Shawn Horcoff, acquired from Edmonton on Friday.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)