Jul 8, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Dallas GM Jim Nill continued to rebuild his club’s center position on Monday, agreeing to terms with ex-Nashville Predator Chris Mueller.
It’s a one-year deal, with money and specifics (one-way/two-way) not yet announced.
Mueller, 27, appeared in 37 games with the Preds over the last three years, and enjoyed a career season in 2013, scoring 2G-3A-5PTS in 18 games while averaging over 10 minutes per night.
A former teammate of David Booth, Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader at Michigan State, Mueller heads to Dallas looking to secure a spot behind the club’s newly-minted trio of centers: Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley, acquired as part of the Loui Eriksson-to-Boston blockbuster; and Shawn Horcoff, acquired from Edmonton on Friday.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)