Jul 8, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Dallas GM Jim Nill continued to rebuild his club’s center position on Monday, agreeing to terms with ex-Nashville Predator Chris Mueller.
It’s a one-year deal, with money and specifics (one-way/two-way) not yet announced.
Mueller, 27, appeared in 37 games with the Preds over the last three years, and enjoyed a career season in 2013, scoring 2G-3A-5PTS in 18 games while averaging over 10 minutes per night.
A former teammate of David Booth, Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader at Michigan State, Mueller heads to Dallas looking to secure a spot behind the club’s newly-minted trio of centers: Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley, acquired as part of the Loui Eriksson-to-Boston blockbuster; and Shawn Horcoff, acquired from Edmonton on Friday.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)