Jul 8, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Dallas GM Jim Nill continued to rebuild his club’s center position on Monday, agreeing to terms with ex-Nashville Predator Chris Mueller.
It’s a one-year deal, with money and specifics (one-way/two-way) not yet announced.
Mueller, 27, appeared in 37 games with the Preds over the last three years, and enjoyed a career season in 2013, scoring 2G-3A-5PTS in 18 games while averaging over 10 minutes per night.
A former teammate of David Booth, Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader at Michigan State, Mueller heads to Dallas looking to secure a spot behind the club’s newly-minted trio of centers: Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley, acquired as part of the Loui Eriksson-to-Boston blockbuster; and Shawn Horcoff, acquired from Edmonton on Friday.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)