Jul 8, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Dallas GM Jim Nill continued to rebuild his club’s center position on Monday, agreeing to terms with ex-Nashville Predator Chris Mueller.
It’s a one-year deal, with money and specifics (one-way/two-way) not yet announced.
Mueller, 27, appeared in 37 games with the Preds over the last three years, and enjoyed a career season in 2013, scoring 2G-3A-5PTS in 18 games while averaging over 10 minutes per night.
A former teammate of David Booth, Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader at Michigan State, Mueller heads to Dallas looking to secure a spot behind the club’s newly-minted trio of centers: Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley, acquired as part of the Loui Eriksson-to-Boston blockbuster; and Shawn Horcoff, acquired from Edmonton on Friday.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)