Jul 8, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Let’s gather some of the smaller moves of free agency while we wait for the prominent stragglers to make up their minds, shall we?
- The Boston Bruins retained young forward Carter Camper thanks to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal is worth $550K at the NHL level and $75K at the AHL level. (He’s featured in this post’s photo, holding the puck from his lone NHL goal on his lone NHL shot; he played three games with the Bruins in 2011-12).
- OK, technically this isn’t a signing, but still: the St. Louis Blues acquired forward Pat Cannone from the Ottawa Senators for future considerations. Here’s a present and future consideration: he should be called “The Cannon,” even if he doesn’t have a very strong shot.
- RDS reports (with help from Google translate) that the Anaheim Ducks signed pugilist Zack Stortini and defenseman Nolan Yonkman to two-way contracts.
- Finally, the New Jersey Devils re-signed Mike Hoeffel, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. Gulitti wasn’t able to confirm rumors that the team also signed Rod Pelley.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)