Jul 8, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Let’s gather some of the smaller moves of free agency while we wait for the prominent stragglers to make up their minds, shall we?
- The Boston Bruins retained young forward Carter Camper thanks to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal is worth $550K at the NHL level and $75K at the AHL level. (He’s featured in this post’s photo, holding the puck from his lone NHL goal on his lone NHL shot; he played three games with the Bruins in 2011-12).
- OK, technically this isn’t a signing, but still: the St. Louis Blues acquired forward Pat Cannone from the Ottawa Senators for future considerations. Here’s a present and future consideration: he should be called “The Cannon,” even if he doesn’t have a very strong shot.
- RDS reports (with help from Google translate) that the Anaheim Ducks signed pugilist Zack Stortini and defenseman Nolan Yonkman to two-way contracts.
- Finally, the New Jersey Devils re-signed Mike Hoeffel, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. Gulitti wasn’t able to confirm rumors that the team also signed Rod Pelley.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 0
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 4
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)