Jul 8, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Let’s gather some of the smaller moves of free agency while we wait for the prominent stragglers to make up their minds, shall we?
- The Boston Bruins retained young forward Carter Camper thanks to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal is worth $550K at the NHL level and $75K at the AHL level. (He’s featured in this post’s photo, holding the puck from his lone NHL goal on his lone NHL shot; he played three games with the Bruins in 2011-12).
- OK, technically this isn’t a signing, but still: the St. Louis Blues acquired forward Pat Cannone from the Ottawa Senators for future considerations. Here’s a present and future consideration: he should be called “The Cannon,” even if he doesn’t have a very strong shot.
- RDS reports (with help from Google translate) that the Anaheim Ducks signed pugilist Zack Stortini and defenseman Nolan Yonkman to two-way contracts.
- Finally, the New Jersey Devils re-signed Mike Hoeffel, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. Gulitti wasn’t able to confirm rumors that the team also signed Rod Pelley.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 33
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 10
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)