Jul 8, 2013, 11:03 PM EDT
Let’s gather some of the smaller moves of free agency while we wait for the prominent stragglers to make up their minds, shall we?
- The Boston Bruins retained young forward Carter Camper thanks to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal is worth $550K at the NHL level and $75K at the AHL level. (He’s featured in this post’s photo, holding the puck from his lone NHL goal on his lone NHL shot; he played three games with the Bruins in 2011-12).
- OK, technically this isn’t a signing, but still: the St. Louis Blues acquired forward Pat Cannone from the Ottawa Senators for future considerations. Here’s a present and future consideration: he should be called “The Cannon,” even if he doesn’t have a very strong shot.
- RDS reports (with help from Google translate) that the Anaheim Ducks signed pugilist Zack Stortini and defenseman Nolan Yonkman to two-way contracts.
- Finally, the New Jersey Devils re-signed Mike Hoeffel, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. Gulitti wasn’t able to confirm rumors that the team also signed Rod Pelley.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 20
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 61
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)