Jul 8, 2013, 11:03 PM EST
Let’s gather some of the smaller moves of free agency while we wait for the prominent stragglers to make up their minds, shall we?
- The Boston Bruins retained young forward Carter Camper thanks to a one-year, two-way contract. The deal is worth $550K at the NHL level and $75K at the AHL level. (He’s featured in this post’s photo, holding the puck from his lone NHL goal on his lone NHL shot; he played three games with the Bruins in 2011-12).
- OK, technically this isn’t a signing, but still: the St. Louis Blues acquired forward Pat Cannone from the Ottawa Senators for future considerations. Here’s a present and future consideration: he should be called “The Cannon,” even if he doesn’t have a very strong shot.
- RDS reports (with help from Google translate) that the Anaheim Ducks signed pugilist Zack Stortini and defenseman Nolan Yonkman to two-way contracts.
- Finally, the New Jersey Devils re-signed Mike Hoeffel, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. Gulitti wasn’t able to confirm rumors that the team also signed Rod Pelley.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)