Jul 8, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Ryan McDonagh is about to get paid.
TSN’s Aaron Ward reports the restricted free agent defenseman and the New York Rangers are on the verge of signing a six-year agreement.
Steve Zipay of New York Newsday suspects the deal could be worth $5 million-$6 million per season.
Update (9:14 a.m. ET): Larry Brooks of the New York Post says the deal is worth $4.7 million per year, for an overall total of $28.2 million. Great deal.
McDonagh is one of the team’s high-priority guys to be taken care of this summer and locking him in helps keep the offer sheets away.
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News says teams could zero in on Stepan as an offer sheet candidate since the Rangers will be pushed closer to the salary cap.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
It’ll all make sense when you read what’s inside.
Jul 9, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Unlike what they did with Sean Monahan and Sven Baertschi.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
Appeared in nine games for Boston last season.
Jul 9, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Pictured: Dale Tallon.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
“We expect to have a decision by early next week.”
Jul 9, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Fairly significant pay cut for the former Wild winger.
Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 PM EDT
One-year, two-way deal for the ex-Jets goalie.
Jul 9, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
NHLPA released the dates today.
Jul 9, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Big money for Martin Brodeur’s successor.
Jul 9, 2014, 3:23 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov and Max Pacioretty also in the mix.
Jul 9, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Had that one great game against the Kings last season.
Jul 9, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
$10.5 million cap hits each.
Jul 9, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
He coached in Washington, right?
Jul 9, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Still not clear how he hurt himself.
Jul 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Scored once with eight assists in his rookie season.
Jul 9, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Either trade him or kiss and make up.
Jul 9, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s been a hot topic recently.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:13 AM EDT
That’d be 21-year-old Ryo Hashimoto, who plays for the Oji Eagles of the Asia League
Jul 9, 2014, 1:02 AM EDT
The injury impacted his performance in the playoffs.
Jul 8, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
This time, it’s Colorado’s Conner Bleackley.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 43
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 166
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 54
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (166)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)