Jul 8, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Joe Corvo is apparently getting good about returning to teams he once played for.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun reports the 36 year-old defenseman has signed with the Ottawa Senators. No details are available on the term of the contract.
UPDATE: Bruce Garrioch of the Sun says it’s a one-year, $900,000 deal.
Corvo played for two seasons with the Sens back in the 2006-07 and 07-08 seasons before being dealt to Carolina. He played last season with the Hurricanes after spending a not-so memorable season in Boston. Now he heads back to Ottawa where he’ll likely be used as a sixth or seventh defenseman.
He’s more of an offensive defenseman as he had six goals and 11 assists for the Hurricanes last season. His not-so stellar defense earned him the nickname of “Uh-Oh Corvo” during his last spin in Ottawa. Awkward.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 1
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)