Jul 8, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Joe Corvo is apparently getting good about returning to teams he once played for.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun reports the 36 year-old defenseman has signed with the Ottawa Senators. No details are available on the term of the contract.
UPDATE: Bruce Garrioch of the Sun says it’s a one-year, $900,000 deal.
Corvo played for two seasons with the Sens back in the 2006-07 and 07-08 seasons before being dealt to Carolina. He played last season with the Hurricanes after spending a not-so memorable season in Boston. Now he heads back to Ottawa where he’ll likely be used as a sixth or seventh defenseman.
He’s more of an offensive defenseman as he had six goals and 11 assists for the Hurricanes last season. His not-so stellar defense earned him the nickname of “Uh-Oh Corvo” during his last spin in Ottawa. Awkward.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21