Jul 8, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Joe Corvo is apparently getting good about returning to teams he once played for.
Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun reports the 36 year-old defenseman has signed with the Ottawa Senators. No details are available on the term of the contract.
UPDATE: Bruce Garrioch of the Sun says it’s a one-year, $900,000 deal.
Corvo played for two seasons with the Sens back in the 2006-07 and 07-08 seasons before being dealt to Carolina. He played last season with the Hurricanes after spending a not-so memorable season in Boston. Now he heads back to Ottawa where he’ll likely be used as a sixth or seventh defenseman.
He’s more of an offensive defenseman as he had six goals and 11 assists for the Hurricanes last season. His not-so stellar defense earned him the nickname of “Uh-Oh Corvo” during his last spin in Ottawa. Awkward.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)