Jul 8, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson was introduced to the Boston media on Monday — via conference call — and said his first order of business as a Bruin is to make up for a lacklustre season.
His words, not ours.
“It was a weird year,” the former Stars alternate captain said of last season, as per CSNNE. “I played on a lot of different lines and never really got that full confidence.”
“I’m looking forward to getting ready and having a good season [in Boston].”
Eriksson had a decent 2013 campaign — 29 points in 48 games, averaging over 20 minutes per game — but his points-per-game average dipped to 0.60, his lowest since 2007-08.
Why? Well, perhaps the revolving door in Dallas finally caught up to him.
The Stars were hardly a model of consistency during Eriksson’s time with the organization. He played under three head coaches in four years (Dave Tippett, Marc Crawford, Glen Gulutzan) and was in line to have a fourth when Lindy Ruff took over in late June.
Roster-wise, turnover was high as well.
None of those guys lasted in Dallas past the 2011-12 season.
Needless to say, Eriksson is ready to join a team with a little more stability and presence.
“[Boston's] a good hockey town. I’ve heard good things about the whole city,” he explained. “I’ll be ready to play there, and it will be awesome.”
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)