Jul 8, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Loui Eriksson was introduced to the Boston media on Monday — via conference call — and said his first order of business as a Bruin is to make up for a lacklustre season.
His words, not ours.
“It was a weird year,” the former Stars alternate captain said of last season, as per CSNNE. “I played on a lot of different lines and never really got that full confidence.”
“I’m looking forward to getting ready and having a good season [in Boston].”
Eriksson had a decent 2013 campaign — 29 points in 48 games, averaging over 20 minutes per game — but his points-per-game average dipped to 0.60, his lowest since 2007-08.
Why? Well, perhaps the revolving door in Dallas finally caught up to him.
The Stars were hardly a model of consistency during Eriksson’s time with the organization. He played under three head coaches in four years (Dave Tippett, Marc Crawford, Glen Gulutzan) and was in line to have a fourth when Lindy Ruff took over in late June.
Roster-wise, turnover was high as well.
None of those guys lasted in Dallas past the 2011-12 season.
Needless to say, Eriksson is ready to join a team with a little more stability and presence.
“[Boston’s] a good hockey town. I’ve heard good things about the whole city,” he explained. “I’ll be ready to play there, and it will be awesome.”
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)