Jul 8, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson was introduced to the Boston media on Monday — via conference call — and said his first order of business as a Bruin is to make up for a lacklustre season.
His words, not ours.
“It was a weird year,” the former Stars alternate captain said of last season, as per CSNNE. “I played on a lot of different lines and never really got that full confidence.”
“I’m looking forward to getting ready and having a good season [in Boston].”
Eriksson had a decent 2013 campaign — 29 points in 48 games, averaging over 20 minutes per game — but his points-per-game average dipped to 0.60, his lowest since 2007-08.
Why? Well, perhaps the revolving door in Dallas finally caught up to him.
The Stars were hardly a model of consistency during Eriksson’s time with the organization. He played under three head coaches in four years (Dave Tippett, Marc Crawford, Glen Gulutzan) and was in line to have a fourth when Lindy Ruff took over in late June.
Roster-wise, turnover was high as well.
None of those guys lasted in Dallas past the 2011-12 season.
Needless to say, Eriksson is ready to join a team with a little more stability and presence.
“[Boston's] a good hockey town. I’ve heard good things about the whole city,” he explained. “I’ll be ready to play there, and it will be awesome.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)