Jul 8, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Loui Eriksson was introduced to the Boston media on Monday — via conference call — and said his first order of business as a Bruin is to make up for a lacklustre season.
His words, not ours.
“It was a weird year,” the former Stars alternate captain said of last season, as per CSNNE. “I played on a lot of different lines and never really got that full confidence.”
“I’m looking forward to getting ready and having a good season [in Boston].”
Eriksson had a decent 2013 campaign — 29 points in 48 games, averaging over 20 minutes per game — but his points-per-game average dipped to 0.60, his lowest since 2007-08.
Why? Well, perhaps the revolving door in Dallas finally caught up to him.
The Stars were hardly a model of consistency during Eriksson’s time with the organization. He played under three head coaches in four years (Dave Tippett, Marc Crawford, Glen Gulutzan) and was in line to have a fourth when Lindy Ruff took over in late June.
Roster-wise, turnover was high as well.
None of those guys lasted in Dallas past the 2011-12 season.
Needless to say, Eriksson is ready to join a team with a little more stability and presence.
“[Boston’s] a good hockey town. I’ve heard good things about the whole city,” he explained. “I’ll be ready to play there, and it will be awesome.”
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 11
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)