Jul 8, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
Loui Eriksson was introduced to the Boston media on Monday — via conference call — and said his first order of business as a Bruin is to make up for a lacklustre season.
His words, not ours.
“It was a weird year,” the former Stars alternate captain said of last season, as per CSNNE. “I played on a lot of different lines and never really got that full confidence.”
“I’m looking forward to getting ready and having a good season [in Boston].”
Eriksson had a decent 2013 campaign — 29 points in 48 games, averaging over 20 minutes per game — but his points-per-game average dipped to 0.60, his lowest since 2007-08.
Why? Well, perhaps the revolving door in Dallas finally caught up to him.
The Stars were hardly a model of consistency during Eriksson’s time with the organization. He played under three head coaches in four years (Dave Tippett, Marc Crawford, Glen Gulutzan) and was in line to have a fourth when Lindy Ruff took over in late June.
Roster-wise, turnover was high as well.
None of those guys lasted in Dallas past the 2011-12 season.
Needless to say, Eriksson is ready to join a team with a little more stability and presence.
“[Boston’s] a good hockey town. I’ve heard good things about the whole city,” he explained. “I’ll be ready to play there, and it will be awesome.”
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)