Jul 7, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf and actress Elisha Cuthbert tied the knot in a private wedding in Summerfield, P.E.I., Canada on Saturday, according to the Canadian Press.
As per the Canadian Press, the two have been a couple since 2008, back when Phaneuf was a defenseman for the Calgary Flames.
Phaneuf, 28, scored nine goals and had 28 points in 48 games last season for the Leafs. He also helped lead Toronto to its first Stanley Cup playoff appearance since 2004, prior to the lockout that cancelled the 2004-05 season.
Phaneuf added a goal and three points in a seven-game first-round series loss to the Boston Bruins.
Phaneuf broke into the league in 2005, with the Flames.
According to the Internet Movie Database, Cuthbert has 29 titles as an actress throughout her career, including roles in such films as Old School and The Girl Next Door, as well as the TV series 24.
The Canadian wedding industry is a $4 billion a year industry, according to The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)