Jul 7, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf and actress Elisha Cuthbert tied the knot in a private wedding in Summerfield, P.E.I., Canada on Saturday, according to the Canadian Press.
As per the Canadian Press, the two have been a couple since 2008, back when Phaneuf was a defenseman for the Calgary Flames.
Phaneuf, 28, scored nine goals and had 28 points in 48 games last season for the Leafs. He also helped lead Toronto to its first Stanley Cup playoff appearance since 2004, prior to the lockout that cancelled the 2004-05 season.
Phaneuf added a goal and three points in a seven-game first-round series loss to the Boston Bruins.
Phaneuf broke into the league in 2005, with the Flames.
According to the Internet Movie Database, Cuthbert has 29 titles as an actress throughout her career, including roles in such films as Old School and The Girl Next Door, as well as the TV series 24.
The Canadian wedding industry is a $4 billion a year industry, according to The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)