Jul 7, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf and actress Elisha Cuthbert tied the knot in a private wedding in Summerfield, P.E.I., Canada on Saturday, according to the Canadian Press.
As per the Canadian Press, the two have been a couple since 2008, back when Phaneuf was a defenseman for the Calgary Flames.
Phaneuf, 28, scored nine goals and had 28 points in 48 games last season for the Leafs. He also helped lead Toronto to its first Stanley Cup playoff appearance since 2004, prior to the lockout that cancelled the 2004-05 season.
Phaneuf added a goal and three points in a seven-game first-round series loss to the Boston Bruins.
Phaneuf broke into the league in 2005, with the Flames.
According to the Internet Movie Database, Cuthbert has 29 titles as an actress throughout her career, including roles in such films as Old School and The Girl Next Door, as well as the TV series 24.
The Canadian wedding industry is a $4 billion a year industry, according to The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)