Jul 7, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Matt Beleskey won’t be changing addresses this summer.
Beleskey had eight goals, five assists and 56 penalty minutes for the Ducks last season. As a grinding winger averaging around 12 minutes a game, Beleskey seemed to earn coach Bruce Boudreau’s favor last season.
On top of that, he played well against Detroit in the postseason scoring twice and adding an assist in their seven-game loss to the Red Wings. That makes for a good way to impress the boss.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2