Jul 7, 2013, 11:11 PM EST
It’s been a long time since Ryan Murray absorbed a body check, or any kind of contact as it pertains to hockey.
The Columbus Blue Jackets open development camp this week, and the second overall pick from the 2012 NHL Draft will go through the rigors of contact hockey once again – for the first time since November.
As per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, Murray dislocated his shoulder last November.
“I absolutely can’t wait to get out there. Can’t wait,” Murray told the Columbus Dispatch.
“It’s been so long, and the drills and shooting and skating by yourself get so boring. To be back on the ice, with other guys, playing at full speed and full contact … this is what it’s all about. Can’t wait.”
Murray played in 23 games for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League, scoring twice and prematurely finishing his season with 17 points.
The Blue Jackets selected the now 19-year-old Murray with the second overall pick in last year’s draft.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 44
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (47)