Jul 7, 2013, 11:11 PM EST
It’s been a long time since Ryan Murray absorbed a body check, or any kind of contact as it pertains to hockey.
The Columbus Blue Jackets open development camp this week, and the second overall pick from the 2012 NHL Draft will go through the rigors of contact hockey once again – for the first time since November.
As per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, Murray dislocated his shoulder last November.
“I absolutely can’t wait to get out there. Can’t wait,” Murray told the Columbus Dispatch.
“It’s been so long, and the drills and shooting and skating by yourself get so boring. To be back on the ice, with other guys, playing at full speed and full contact … this is what it’s all about. Can’t wait.”
Murray played in 23 games for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League, scoring twice and prematurely finishing his season with 17 points.
The Blue Jackets selected the now 19-year-old Murray with the second overall pick in last year’s draft.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 9
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)