Jul 7, 2013, 11:11 PM EST
It’s been a long time since Ryan Murray absorbed a body check, or any kind of contact as it pertains to hockey.
The Columbus Blue Jackets open development camp this week, and the second overall pick from the 2012 NHL Draft will go through the rigors of contact hockey once again – for the first time since November.
As per Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, Murray dislocated his shoulder last November.
“I absolutely can’t wait to get out there. Can’t wait,” Murray told the Columbus Dispatch.
“It’s been so long, and the drills and shooting and skating by yourself get so boring. To be back on the ice, with other guys, playing at full speed and full contact … this is what it’s all about. Can’t wait.”
Murray played in 23 games for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League, scoring twice and prematurely finishing his season with 17 points.
The Blue Jackets selected the now 19-year-old Murray with the second overall pick in last year’s draft.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)