Jul 6, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT
The Sabres defense is going to stay a bit crowded next season.
Sulzer emerged a bit last season when teamed up with fellow German Christian Ehrhoff and put up three goals and one assist in 17 games. Now he joins a crowded house of mostly inexperienced (at the NHL level at least) blue liners.
With Ehrhoff, Tyler Myers, Mike Weber, and newly acquired Jamie McBain, four spots on the Sabres’ defense seem set leaving Sulzer, Mark Pysyk, and Chad Ruhwedel to battle out for the other two spots. Minor leaguer Drew Bagnall (who also signed a multi-year, two-way deal today) factors lightly into the mix as well.
Of course, the picture could become more muddled if they sign someone else.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)