Jul 6, 2013, 10:37 AM EST
The Sabres defense is going to stay a bit crowded next season.
Sulzer emerged a bit last season when teamed up with fellow German Christian Ehrhoff and put up three goals and one assist in 17 games. Now he joins a crowded house of mostly inexperienced (at the NHL level at least) blue liners.
With Ehrhoff, Tyler Myers, Mike Weber, and newly acquired Jamie McBain, four spots on the Sabres’ defense seem set leaving Sulzer, Mark Pysyk, and Chad Ruhwedel to battle out for the other two spots. Minor leaguer Drew Bagnall (who also signed a multi-year, two-way deal today) factors lightly into the mix as well.
Of course, the picture could become more muddled if they sign someone else.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 45
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 122
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)