Jul 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
There could be a battle for the backup job in Edmonton.
Bachman spent part of last season in the AHL but at 25 years-old, he gives the Oilers the option of having him get more work in with their affiliate in Oklahoma City. While LaBarbera has the edge on backing up Devan Dubnyk in Edmonton, it’ll be worth watching to see if Bachman pushes him for the job.
That said, Bachman’s NHL numbers weren’t very good last year as he went 6-5-0 in 13 games with a 3.25 goals-against average and a .885 save percentage.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)