Jul 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
There could be a battle for the backup job in Edmonton.
Bachman spent part of last season in the AHL but at 25 years-old, he gives the Oilers the option of having him get more work in with their affiliate in Oklahoma City. While LaBarbera has the edge on backing up Devan Dubnyk in Edmonton, it’ll be worth watching to see if Bachman pushes him for the job.
That said, Bachman’s NHL numbers weren’t very good last year as he went 6-5-0 in 13 games with a 3.25 goals-against average and a .885 save percentage.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39