Jul 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
There could be a battle for the backup job in Edmonton.
Bachman spent part of last season in the AHL but at 25 years-old, he gives the Oilers the option of having him get more work in with their affiliate in Oklahoma City. While LaBarbera has the edge on backing up Devan Dubnyk in Edmonton, it’ll be worth watching to see if Bachman pushes him for the job.
That said, Bachman’s NHL numbers weren’t very good last year as he went 6-5-0 in 13 games with a 3.25 goals-against average and a .885 save percentage.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)