Jul 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
There could be a battle for the backup job in Edmonton.
Bachman spent part of last season in the AHL but at 25 years-old, he gives the Oilers the option of having him get more work in with their affiliate in Oklahoma City. While LaBarbera has the edge on backing up Devan Dubnyk in Edmonton, it’ll be worth watching to see if Bachman pushes him for the job.
That said, Bachman’s NHL numbers weren’t very good last year as he went 6-5-0 in 13 games with a 3.25 goals-against average and a .885 save percentage.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)