Jul 6, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
It’s not really free agency time until Jaromir Jagr starts his courtship with the Montreal Canadiens. We can now say that it’s all really finally underway.
Louis-Andre Lariviere of TVA Sports reports (in French) Jagr and the Habs are again spending time chatting this summer and it’s possible he could wind up signing with the Canadiens. His agent Petr Svoboda says Montreal is a place Jagr loves (poor translation ahead).
“Jaromir always wanted play in Montreal,” insisted Svoboda. “We discussed with [CEO] Marc Bergevin yesterday. The interest is mutual, but the decision is now up to the Canadiens.”
Jagr flirting with the Habs is nothing new as they’re a team that’s come up each of the previous two summers in free agency. He of course signed with Philadelphia two years ago and Dallas last year before winding up in Boston at the trade deadline.
At 41 years-old he’s still got some game left in him and reuniting him with fellow Czech Republic star Tomas Plekanec might do wonders for both of them.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)