Jul 6, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
It’s not really free agency time until Jaromir Jagr starts his courtship with the Montreal Canadiens. We can now say that it’s all really finally underway.
Louis-Andre Lariviere of TVA Sports reports (in French) Jagr and the Habs are again spending time chatting this summer and it’s possible he could wind up signing with the Canadiens. His agent Petr Svoboda says Montreal is a place Jagr loves (poor translation ahead).
“Jaromir always wanted play in Montreal,” insisted Svoboda. “We discussed with [CEO] Marc Bergevin yesterday. The interest is mutual, but the decision is now up to the Canadiens.”
Jagr flirting with the Habs is nothing new as they’re a team that’s come up each of the previous two summers in free agency. He of course signed with Philadelphia two years ago and Dallas last year before winding up in Boston at the trade deadline.
At 41 years-old he’s still got some game left in him and reuniting him with fellow Czech Republic star Tomas Plekanec might do wonders for both of them.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)