Jul 6, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
It’s not really free agency time until Jaromir Jagr starts his courtship with the Montreal Canadiens. We can now say that it’s all really finally underway.
Louis-Andre Lariviere of TVA Sports reports (in French) Jagr and the Habs are again spending time chatting this summer and it’s possible he could wind up signing with the Canadiens. His agent Petr Svoboda says Montreal is a place Jagr loves (poor translation ahead).
“Jaromir always wanted play in Montreal,” insisted Svoboda. “We discussed with [CEO] Marc Bergevin yesterday. The interest is mutual, but the decision is now up to the Canadiens.”
Jagr flirting with the Habs is nothing new as they’re a team that’s come up each of the previous two summers in free agency. He of course signed with Philadelphia two years ago and Dallas last year before winding up in Boston at the trade deadline.
At 41 years-old he’s still got some game left in him and reuniting him with fellow Czech Republic star Tomas Plekanec might do wonders for both of them.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink (64)