Jul 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla signing with the Boston Bruins helped everyone think back on the madness that erupted the night he was traded by Calgary. While he chose the Pittsburgh Penguins over the Bruins on that night, he says he’s happy to be a Bruin now.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares the story on Iginla’s elation with what the Bruins have going on.
“My family and I are very excited to be joining the Bruins,” said Iginla. “I love the way they play. They are extremely hard to play against, and they have lots of grit and determination.
“I feel like there’s a great chance for me to win here.”
Everything about Boston’s style of hockey could be used to describe how Iginla plays it. Skilled but tough, Iginla will get to move back to the right wing with the Bruins now that Nathan Horton (Columbus) and Jaromir Jagr (free agent) are headed elsewhere.
Now he’ll just have to hope B’s fans can forgive and forget what happened this season.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 20
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 11
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)