Jul 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
Jarome Iginla signing with the Boston Bruins helped everyone think back on the madness that erupted the night he was traded by Calgary. While he chose the Pittsburgh Penguins over the Bruins on that night, he says he’s happy to be a Bruin now.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares the story on Iginla’s elation with what the Bruins have going on.
“My family and I are very excited to be joining the Bruins,” said Iginla. “I love the way they play. They are extremely hard to play against, and they have lots of grit and determination.
“I feel like there’s a great chance for me to win here.”
Everything about Boston’s style of hockey could be used to describe how Iginla plays it. Skilled but tough, Iginla will get to move back to the right wing with the Bruins now that Nathan Horton (Columbus) and Jaromir Jagr (free agent) are headed elsewhere.
Now he’ll just have to hope B’s fans can forgive and forget what happened this season.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)