Jul 6, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla signing with the Boston Bruins helped everyone think back on the madness that erupted the night he was traded by Calgary. While he chose the Pittsburgh Penguins over the Bruins on that night, he says he’s happy to be a Bruin now.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares the story on Iginla’s elation with what the Bruins have going on.
“My family and I are very excited to be joining the Bruins,” said Iginla. “I love the way they play. They are extremely hard to play against, and they have lots of grit and determination.
“I feel like there’s a great chance for me to win here.”
Everything about Boston’s style of hockey could be used to describe how Iginla plays it. Skilled but tough, Iginla will get to move back to the right wing with the Bruins now that Nathan Horton (Columbus) and Jaromir Jagr (free agent) are headed elsewhere.
Now he’ll just have to hope B’s fans can forgive and forget what happened this season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5