Jul 6, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The terms of the financial terms of the agreement aren’t known, but he’s coming off of a two-year, $3 million contract.
Jones has 52 goals and 94 points in 282 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and Oilers. He has principally served as a bottom-six forward, but he set a career-high in 2011-12 with 33 points while averaging 15:26 minutes per contest.
He has a physical element to his game and can help kill penalties. He’s coming off of a season where he recorded two goals and seven points in 27 contests.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)