Jul 6, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The terms of the financial terms of the agreement aren’t known, but he’s coming off of a two-year, $3 million contract.
Jones has 52 goals and 94 points in 282 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and Oilers. He has principally served as a bottom-six forward, but he set a career-high in 2011-12 with 33 points while averaging 15:26 minutes per contest.
He has a physical element to his game and can help kill penalties. He’s coming off of a season where he recorded two goals and seven points in 27 contests.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32