Jul 6, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The terms of the financial terms of the agreement aren’t known, but he’s coming off of a two-year, $3 million contract.
Jones has 52 goals and 94 points in 282 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and Oilers. He has principally served as a bottom-six forward, but he set a career-high in 2011-12 with 33 points while averaging 15:26 minutes per contest.
He has a physical element to his game and can help kill penalties. He’s coming off of a season where he recorded two goals and seven points in 27 contests.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)