Jul 6, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
The terms of the financial terms of the agreement aren’t known, but he’s coming off of a two-year, $3 million contract.
Jones has 52 goals and 94 points in 282 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and Oilers. He has principally served as a bottom-six forward, but he set a career-high in 2011-12 with 33 points while averaging 15:26 minutes per contest.
He has a physical element to his game and can help kill penalties. He’s coming off of a season where he recorded two goals and seven points in 27 contests.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 23
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 9
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 38
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 48
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (48)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (38)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)