Jul 6, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The terms of the financial terms of the agreement aren’t known, but he’s coming off of a two-year, $3 million contract.
Jones has 52 goals and 94 points in 282 career NHL games with the Nashville Predators and Oilers. He has principally served as a bottom-six forward, but he set a career-high in 2011-12 with 33 points while averaging 15:26 minutes per contest.
He has a physical element to his game and can help kill penalties. He’s coming off of a season where he recorded two goals and seven points in 27 contests.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18