Jul 6, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
Last season, he suited up for both the Florida Panthers and Winnipeg Jets and had two goals and two assists combined with both teams. His 10 games with the Jets saw him net just one helper.
Back in 2010-2011, however, he scored 20 goals for the Panthers. Perhaps there’s a bit more to his game than lets on. At the very least, signing a local guy should go over well.
With Lapierre off to St. Louis, the Canucks have a hole to fill on their fourth line. Santorelli has been a depth player in all of his NHL stays and will fill the same kind of role in Vancouver.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 17
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)