Jul 6, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
Last season, he suited up for both the Florida Panthers and Winnipeg Jets and had two goals and two assists combined with both teams. His 10 games with the Jets saw him net just one helper.
Back in 2010-2011, however, he scored 20 goals for the Panthers. Perhaps there’s a bit more to his game than lets on. At the very least, signing a local guy should go over well.
With Lapierre off to St. Louis, the Canucks have a hole to fill on their fourth line. Santorelli has been a depth player in all of his NHL stays and will fill the same kind of role in Vancouver.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)