Jul 6, 2013, 12:37 PM EDT
Last season, he suited up for both the Florida Panthers and Winnipeg Jets and had two goals and two assists combined with both teams. His 10 games with the Jets saw him net just one helper.
Back in 2010-2011, however, he scored 20 goals for the Panthers. Perhaps there’s a bit more to his game than lets on. At the very least, signing a local guy should go over well.
With Lapierre off to St. Louis, the Canucks have a hole to fill on their fourth line. Santorelli has been a depth player in all of his NHL stays and will fill the same kind of role in Vancouver.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1