Jul 6, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Yesterday was a monster day for signings as free agency kicked off. As you’ll see in our free agent tracker, there were a lot of players finding new addresses to play next season.
Not everyone is off the board yet and there are quite a few big names still left to be had. Who might we see go this weekend? Soak it in.
The best value and talent might be found amongst the forwards with these five standing out:
If you’re itching for a defenseman or goalie, things get a bit riskier there.
Amongst the blue liners, there’s Marek Zidlicky, Douglas Murray, Ryan Whitney, Joe Corvo, Wade Redden, and Ian White. Each player has a role they fill, but you’re not changing the outlook of your team with them.
If a solid backup is what you need, Hedberg or Theodore is your man. If you want to shake up the ranks, however, Bryz and Thomas are as good as it gets.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 32
- Mike Richards clears waivers 31
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 14
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)