Jul 6, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Yesterday was a monster day for signings as free agency kicked off. As you’ll see in our free agent tracker, there were a lot of players finding new addresses to play next season.
Not everyone is off the board yet and there are quite a few big names still left to be had. Who might we see go this weekend? Soak it in.
The best value and talent might be found amongst the forwards with these five standing out:
If you’re itching for a defenseman or goalie, things get a bit riskier there.
Amongst the blue liners, there’s Marek Zidlicky, Douglas Murray, Ryan Whitney, Joe Corvo, Wade Redden, and Ian White. Each player has a role they fill, but you’re not changing the outlook of your team with them.
If a solid backup is what you need, Hedberg or Theodore is your man. If you want to shake up the ranks, however, Bryz and Thomas are as good as it gets.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 20
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 10
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1