Jul 5, 2013, 2:51 PM EST
Ellis joins the Stars, the team that drafted him 60th overall in 2000, after going 6-8-2 with a .906 save percentage in Carolina last season.
At 33, Ellis has played games for five NHL teams, with a career save percentage of .908. He also spent time in the AHL last season with the Charlotte Checkers.
“Dan is a proven goaltender in this league and he will be a great complement to Kari Lehtonen,” said Stars general manager Jim Nill in a release. “He’s a true professional that will compete hard each and every day.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54