Jul 5, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Hannan, 34, agreed to a one-year, $1 million deal.
Kennedy, 26, agreed to a two-year, $4.7 million deal with an average annual cap hit of $2.35 million.
Kennedy appeared 46 games for the Pens last year, posting 11 points (six goals, five assists) and played nine playoff games registering five points (two goals, three assists) with a plus-6 rating.
Hannan, acquired from Nashville at the trade deadline, proved to be a solid acquisition for the Sharks. He played in all 11 postseason games, registering four assists, a plus-1 rating and an average of 17:18 TOI per game.
With the moves, the Sharks now sit tight to the salary cap ceiling.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)