Jul 5, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Hannan, 34, agreed to a one-year, $1 million deal.
Kennedy, 26, agreed to a two-year, $4.7 million deal with an average annual cap hit of $2.35 million.
Kennedy appeared 46 games for the Pens last year, posting 11 points (six goals, five assists) and played nine playoff games registering five points (two goals, three assists) with a plus-6 rating.
Hannan, acquired from Nashville at the trade deadline, proved to be a solid acquisition for the Sharks. He played in all 11 postseason games, registering four assists, a plus-1 rating and an average of 17:18 TOI per game.
With the moves, the Sharks now sit tight to the salary cap ceiling.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10