Jul 5, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Hannan, 34, agreed to a one-year, $1 million deal.
Kennedy, 26, agreed to a two-year, $4.7 million deal with an average annual cap hit of $2.35 million.
Kennedy appeared 46 games for the Pens last year, posting 11 points (six goals, five assists) and played nine playoff games registering five points (two goals, three assists) with a plus-6 rating.
Hannan, acquired from Nashville at the trade deadline, proved to be a solid acquisition for the Sharks. He played in all 11 postseason games, registering four assists, a plus-1 rating and an average of 17:18 TOI per game.
With the moves, the Sharks now sit tight to the salary cap ceiling.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 8
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 84
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 75
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 66
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (79)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)