Jul 5, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Hannan, 34, agreed to a one-year, $1 million deal.
Kennedy, 26, agreed to a two-year, $4.7 million deal with an average annual cap hit of $2.35 million.
Kennedy appeared 46 games for the Pens last year, posting 11 points (six goals, five assists) and played nine playoff games registering five points (two goals, three assists) with a plus-6 rating.
Hannan, acquired from Nashville at the trade deadline, proved to be a solid acquisition for the Sharks. He played in all 11 postseason games, registering four assists, a plus-1 rating and an average of 17:18 TOI per game.
With the moves, the Sharks now sit tight to the salary cap ceiling.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)