Jul 5, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Hannan, 34, agreed to a one-year, $1 million deal.
Kennedy, 26, agreed to a two-year, $4.7 million deal with an average annual cap hit of $2.35 million.
Kennedy appeared 46 games for the Pens last year, posting 11 points (six goals, five assists) and played nine playoff games registering five points (two goals, three assists) with a plus-6 rating.
Hannan, acquired from Nashville at the trade deadline, proved to be a solid acquisition for the Sharks. He played in all 11 postseason games, registering four assists, a plus-1 rating and an average of 17:18 TOI per game.
With the moves, the Sharks now sit tight to the salary cap ceiling.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)