Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
A few minor signings to pass your way:
— The Florida Panthers have signed veteran forward Joey Crabb to a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.2 million. Crabb will carry at $600,00 average annual cap hit in Florida after spending last season in Washington, briefly playing on a line with Alex Ovechkin.
Crabb, 30, inked a one-year, one-way deal worth $950,000 last summer after a solid 2011-12 campaign in Toronto, where he notched career highs in goals (11), assists (15) and points (26).
— Phoenix has signed former Sharks goalie Thomas Greiss and re-upped with forward Kyle Chipchura. Greiss got a one-year deal worth $750,000 and will likely replace Jason LaBarbera as Mike Smith‘s backup in the desert.
Still no word on the money for Chipchura, a versatile two-way center that scored 14 points in 46 games last year.
— Tough guy Frazer McLaren has re-upped with Toronto on two-year, $1.4 million deal that will carry an average annual cap hit of $700,000. McLaren appeared in 36 games with the Leafs last season, scoring five points, and appeared in one of Toronto’s seven first-round playoff games against Boston.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)