Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
A few minor signings to pass your way:
– The Florida Panthers have signed veteran forward Joey Crabb to a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.2 million. Crabb will carry at $600,00 average annual cap hit in Florida after spending last season in Washington, briefly playing on a line with Alex Ovechkin.
Crabb, 30, inked a one-year, one-way deal worth $950,000 last summer after a solid 2011-12 campaign in Toronto, where he notched career highs in goals (11), assists (15) and points (26).
– Phoenix has signed former Sharks goalie Thomas Greiss and re-upped with forward Kyle Chipchura. Greiss got a one-year deal worth $750,000 and will likely replace Jason LaBarbera as Mike Smith‘s backup in the desert.
Still no word on the money for Chipchura, a versatile two-way center that scored 14 points in 46 games last year.
– Tough guy Frazer McLaren has re-upped with Toronto on two-year, $1.4 million deal that will carry an average annual cap hit of $700,000. McLaren appeared in 36 games with the Leafs last season, scoring five points, and appeared in one of Toronto’s seven first-round playoff games against Boston.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (76)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)