Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
A few minor signings to pass your way:
— The Florida Panthers have signed veteran forward Joey Crabb to a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.2 million. Crabb will carry at $600,00 average annual cap hit in Florida after spending last season in Washington, briefly playing on a line with Alex Ovechkin.
Crabb, 30, inked a one-year, one-way deal worth $950,000 last summer after a solid 2011-12 campaign in Toronto, where he notched career highs in goals (11), assists (15) and points (26).
— Phoenix has signed former Sharks goalie Thomas Greiss and re-upped with forward Kyle Chipchura. Greiss got a one-year deal worth $750,000 and will likely replace Jason LaBarbera as Mike Smith‘s backup in the desert.
Still no word on the money for Chipchura, a versatile two-way center that scored 14 points in 46 games last year.
— Tough guy Frazer McLaren has re-upped with Toronto on two-year, $1.4 million deal that will carry an average annual cap hit of $700,000. McLaren appeared in 36 games with the Leafs last season, scoring five points, and appeared in one of Toronto’s seven first-round playoff games against Boston.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)