Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
A few minor signings to pass your way:
– The Florida Panthers have signed veteran forward Joey Crabb to a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.2 million. Crabb will carry at $600,00 average annual cap hit in Florida after spending last season in Washington, briefly playing on a line with Alex Ovechkin.
Crabb, 30, inked a one-year, one-way deal worth $950,000 last summer after a solid 2011-12 campaign in Toronto, where he notched career highs in goals (11), assists (15) and points (26).
– Phoenix has signed former Sharks goalie Thomas Greiss and re-upped with forward Kyle Chipchura. Greiss got a one-year deal worth $750,000 and will likely replace Jason LaBarbera as Mike Smith‘s backup in the desert.
Still no word on the money for Chipchura, a versatile two-way center that scored 14 points in 46 games last year.
– Tough guy Frazer McLaren has re-upped with Toronto on two-year, $1.4 million deal that will carry an average annual cap hit of $700,000. McLaren appeared in 36 games with the Leafs last season, scoring five points, and appeared in one of Toronto’s seven first-round playoff games against Boston.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 60
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (60)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)