Jul 5, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
A few minor signings to pass your way:
– The Florida Panthers have signed veteran forward Joey Crabb to a two-year, one-way deal worth $1.2 million. Crabb will carry at $600,00 average annual cap hit in Florida after spending last season in Washington, briefly playing on a line with Alex Ovechkin.
Crabb, 30, inked a one-year, one-way deal worth $950,000 last summer after a solid 2011-12 campaign in Toronto, where he notched career highs in goals (11), assists (15) and points (26).
– Phoenix has signed former Sharks goalie Thomas Greiss and re-upped with forward Kyle Chipchura. Greiss got a one-year deal worth $750,000 and will likely replace Jason LaBarbera as Mike Smith‘s backup in the desert.
Still no word on the money for Chipchura, a versatile two-way center that scored 14 points in 46 games last year.
– Tough guy Frazer McLaren has re-upped with Toronto on two-year, $1.4 million deal that will carry an average annual cap hit of $700,000. McLaren appeared in 36 games with the Leafs last season, scoring five points, and appeared in one of Toronto’s seven first-round playoff games against Boston.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)