Jul 5, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Some more minor signings to pass along:
— Keith Aucoin has agreed to a one-year, $625,000 deal with St. Louis. Excellent value pickup for the Blues, as Aucoin was a solid contributor for the Islanders last year, scoring 12 points in 41 regular season games and three in six playoff appearances.
— Colorado has inked ex-Ottawa defenseman Andre Benoit to a one-year, $900,000 deal. Benoit, 29, appeared in 33 games for the Sens last year, scoring 10 points.
— The Flyers have inked journeyman goalie Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal. Danis has spent time with the Montreal, New York (Islanders), New Jersey and Edmonton organizations, and has made 50 career NHL appearances. He seems destined to be Philly’s No. 3 goalie next year behind Ray Emery and Steve Mason.
— Journeyman Mike Mottau has signed with the Florida Panthers on a one-year deal. He was with the Leafs organization last year.
— Ex-Isles forward Jesse Joensuu has signed a two-year pact with Edmonton. Financial terms have not yet been released. Injuries limited him to just seven regular-season games with the Isles last year.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5