Jul 5, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Some more minor signings to pass along:
– Keith Aucoin has agreed to a one-year, $625,000 deal with St. Louis. Excellent value pickup for the Blues, as Aucoin was a solid contributor for the Islanders last year, scoring 12 points in 41 regular season games and three in six playoff appearances.
– Colorado has inked ex-Ottawa defenseman Andre Benoit to a one-year, $900,000 deal. Benoit, 29, appeared in 33 games for the Sens last year, scoring 10 points.
– The Flyers have inked journeyman goalie Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way deal. Danis has spent time with the Montreal, New York (Islanders), New Jersey and Edmonton organizations, and has made 50 career NHL appearances. He seems destined to be Philly’s No. 3 goalie next year behind Ray Emery and Steve Mason.
– Journeyman Mike Mottau has signed with the Florida Panthers on a one-year deal. He was with the Leafs organization last year.
– Ex-Isles forward Jesse Joensuu has signed a two-year pact with Edmonton. Financial terms have not yet been released. Injuries limited him to just seven regular-season games with the Isles last year.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)