Jul 5, 2013, 10:57 AM EDT
If true, it’s a shocking report, considering Alfredsson is (was?) the Sens’ captain and has never played for another team during his 1,000-plus-game career.
An unrestricted free agent, the 40-year-old’s choice is apparently down to Detroit or Boston.
Definitely worth noting at this point: yesterday, the Ottawa Citizen published a detailed story on Eugene Melnyk that suggested the Sens’ owner isn’t close to as rich as he used to be.
The final sentence from the story:
The price he is prepared to pay for Senators talent this year could well be an important clue.
Update: Sounds like the Wings are the team:
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)