Jul 5, 2013, 10:57 AM EST
If true, it’s a shocking report, considering Alfredsson is (was?) the Sens’ captain and has never played for another team during his 1,000-plus-game career.
An unrestricted free agent, the 40-year-old’s choice is apparently down to Detroit or Boston.
Definitely worth noting at this point: yesterday, the Ottawa Citizen published a detailed story on Eugene Melnyk that suggested the Sens’ owner isn’t close to as rich as he used to be.
The final sentence from the story:
The price he is prepared to pay for Senators talent this year could well be an important clue.
Update: Sounds like the Wings are the team:
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 32
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)