Jul 5, 2013, 10:57 AM EDT
If true, it’s a shocking report, considering Alfredsson is (was?) the Sens’ captain and has never played for another team during his 1,000-plus-game career.
An unrestricted free agent, the 40-year-old’s choice is apparently down to Detroit or Boston.
Definitely worth noting at this point: yesterday, the Ottawa Citizen published a detailed story on Eugene Melnyk that suggested the Sens’ owner isn’t close to as rich as he used to be.
The final sentence from the story:
The price he is prepared to pay for Senators talent this year could well be an important clue.
Update: Sounds like the Wings are the team:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (85)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (38)