Jul 5, 2013, 10:57 AM EDT
If true, it’s a shocking report, considering Alfredsson is (was?) the Sens’ captain and has never played for another team during his 1,000-plus-game career.
An unrestricted free agent, the 40-year-old’s choice is apparently down to Detroit or Boston.
Definitely worth noting at this point: yesterday, the Ottawa Citizen published a detailed story on Eugene Melnyk that suggested the Sens’ owner isn’t close to as rich as he used to be.
The final sentence from the story:
The price he is prepared to pay for Senators talent this year could well be an important clue.
Update: Sounds like the Wings are the team:
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)