Jul 5, 2013, 3:44 PM EST
When Preds head coach Barry Trotz said his team was going to have a very busy summer, he wasn’t kidding.
Nashville has made its fourth major signing of the free agency period, agreeing to terms with veteran forward Eric Nystrom on a four-year, $10 million deal.
Nystrom, 30, has spent the last two years with the Dallas organization, scoring a career-high 16 goals in 2011-12 and chipping in with seven in 48 games last year.
The former No. 10 overall pick at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft spent time with Calgary and Minnesota prior to playing for the Stars, and has earned a reputation as a gritty, hard-working winger that plays a two-way game.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)