Jul 5, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
MacArthur has signed a two-year, $6.5 million deal with the Senators. The 28-year-old winger spent the past three seasons in Toronto, where he enjoyed both success and frustration.
Most recently, it’s been frustration. MacArthur scored just eight goals in 40 games last year and was scratched twice in the playoffs by head coach Randy Carlyle.
In Ottawa, it’s hoped he’ll regain the form that saw him score 21 and 20 goals in his previous two seasons.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25