Jul 5, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
MacArthur has signed a two-year, $6.5 million deal with the Senators. The 28-year-old winger spent the past three seasons in Toronto, where he enjoyed both success and frustration.
Most recently, it’s been frustration. MacArthur scored just eight goals in 40 games last year and was scratched twice in the playoffs by head coach Randy Carlyle.
In Ottawa, it’s hoped he’ll regain the form that saw him score 21 and 20 goals in his previous two seasons.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46