Jul 5, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
MacArthur has signed a two-year, $6.5 million deal with the Senators. The 28-year-old winger spent the past three seasons in Toronto, where he enjoyed both success and frustration.
Most recently, it’s been frustration. MacArthur scored just eight goals in 40 games last year and was scratched twice in the playoffs by head coach Randy Carlyle.
In Ottawa, it’s hoped he’ll regain the form that saw him score 21 and 20 goals in his previous two seasons.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)