Jul 5, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
MacArthur has signed a two-year, $6.5 million deal with the Senators. The 28-year-old winger spent the past three seasons in Toronto, where he enjoyed both success and frustration.
Most recently, it’s been frustration. MacArthur scored just eight goals in 40 games last year and was scratched twice in the playoffs by head coach Randy Carlyle.
In Ottawa, it’s hoped he’ll regain the form that saw him score 21 and 20 goals in his previous two seasons.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 39
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 65
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 14
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 71
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (71)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)