Jul 5, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have acquired defenseman Kris Russell from the St. Louis Blues for a fifth-round draft pick in 2014.
Prior to the trade, the 26-year-old signed a one-year contract worth $1.5 million.
Russell had one goal and six assists in 33 games for the Blues last season while averaging just over 16 minutes per game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5