Jul 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
In “free agent frenzy” terms, Ryder’s $3.5 million cap hit could be considered a relative bargain.
He scored 35 points in 46 regular season games between the Dallas Stars and Montreal Canadiens in 2013 and collected a career-high 35 goals in 2011-12 with Dallas. The 33-year-old also won a Stanley Cup with the Boston Bruins in 2011.
Fun fact: both Clowe and Ryder are from Newfoundland. Perhaps that factored into Ryder joining the Devils?
Either way, this is the cherry on top of a busy week for GM Lou Lamoriello, who landed big free agents on Friday, re-signed Patrik Elias and Dainius Zubrus earlier this week and made that splashy trade for Cory Schneider at the draft.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50