Jul 5, 2013, 6:48 PM EDT
In “free agent frenzy” terms, Ryder’s $3.5 million cap hit could be considered a relative bargain.
He scored 35 points in 46 regular season games between the Dallas Stars and Montreal Canadiens in 2013 and collected a career-high 35 goals in 2011-12 with Dallas. The 33-year-old also won a Stanley Cup with the Boston Bruins in 2011.
Fun fact: both Clowe and Ryder are from Newfoundland. Perhaps that factored into Ryder joining the Devils?
Either way, this is the cherry on top of a busy week for GM Lou Lamoriello, who landed big free agents on Friday, re-signed Patrik Elias and Dainius Zubrus earlier this week and made that splashy trade for Cory Schneider at the draft.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)