Jul 5, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have already made some major moves this summer by acquiring goaltender Cory Schneider and re-signing Patrik Elias, but they aren’t done yet. With the unrestricted free agent period about to start, Devils GM Lou Lamoriello is looking to make some additions.
“No question there are interesting players out there,” Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger. “I think we will be doing something. We have some needs. We’ll see what transpires.”
With David Clarkson in danger of walking away as an unrestricted free agent and after their failed attempt at landing Danny Briere, the Devils are still in the market for players that can help them offensively. That being said, Lamoriello doesn’t want to talk too much about his plans.
“There are needs, but I’m not going to get into them right now,” Lamoriello said. “You’re never good enough.”
The free agent period starts at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)