Jul 5, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have already made some major moves this summer by acquiring goaltender Cory Schneider and re-signing Patrik Elias, but they aren’t done yet. With the unrestricted free agent period about to start, Devils GM Lou Lamoriello is looking to make some additions.
“No question there are interesting players out there,” Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger. “I think we will be doing something. We have some needs. We’ll see what transpires.”
With David Clarkson in danger of walking away as an unrestricted free agent and after their failed attempt at landing Danny Briere, the Devils are still in the market for players that can help them offensively. That being said, Lamoriello doesn’t want to talk too much about his plans.
“There are needs, but I’m not going to get into them right now,” Lamoriello said. “You’re never good enough.”
The free agent period starts at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47