Jul 5, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have already made some major moves this summer by acquiring goaltender Cory Schneider and re-signing Patrik Elias, but they aren’t done yet. With the unrestricted free agent period about to start, Devils GM Lou Lamoriello is looking to make some additions.
“No question there are interesting players out there,” Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger. “I think we will be doing something. We have some needs. We’ll see what transpires.”
With David Clarkson in danger of walking away as an unrestricted free agent and after their failed attempt at landing Danny Briere, the Devils are still in the market for players that can help them offensively. That being said, Lamoriello doesn’t want to talk too much about his plans.
“There are needs, but I’m not going to get into them right now,” Lamoriello said. “You’re never good enough.”
The free agent period starts at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)