Jul 5, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have already made some major moves this summer by acquiring goaltender Cory Schneider and re-signing Patrik Elias, but they aren’t done yet. With the unrestricted free agent period about to start, Devils GM Lou Lamoriello is looking to make some additions.
“No question there are interesting players out there,” Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger. “I think we will be doing something. We have some needs. We’ll see what transpires.”
With David Clarkson in danger of walking away as an unrestricted free agent and after their failed attempt at landing Danny Briere, the Devils are still in the market for players that can help them offensively. That being said, Lamoriello doesn’t want to talk too much about his plans.
“There are needs, but I’m not going to get into them right now,” Lamoriello said. “You’re never good enough.”
The free agent period starts at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 14
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)