Jul 5, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs went into free agency with the cap space to make a big splash.
And make a splash they’ve done. Not only have they re-signed center Tyler Bozak to a four-year, $21 million deal, they’ve also inked winger David Clarkson to a seven-year, $36.75 million contract (cap hit $5.25 million).
Clarkson, 29, moves to Toronto from New Jersey after scoring 97 goals in 426 career games for the Devils. His breakout year came in 2011-12, when he scored 30 times, with 16 assists and 138 PIM, in 80 games.
Per TSN’s Darren Dreger, Clarkson’s deal also includes a limited no-trade and no-movement clause.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 101
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (101)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)