Jul 5, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
He may not be the dynamic offensive center Blues fans were pining for, but Maxim Lapierre is what they’re getting for now.
Per RDS’s Renaud Lavoie, Lapierre has signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal in St. Louis. The 28-year-old comes over from Vancouver, where he was mostly a fourth-liner with the Canucks.
Lapierre, best known as an agitator, had four goals and six assists in 48 games last season.
“We were certainly in the neighborhood where our offer was good enough if they wanted to be here,” said Armstrong, per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31