Jul 5, 2013, 6:38 PM EST
He may not be the dynamic offensive center Blues fans were pining for, but Maxim Lapierre is what they’re getting for now.
Per RDS’s Renaud Lavoie, Lapierre has signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal in St. Louis. The 28-year-old comes over from Vancouver, where he was mostly a fourth-liner with the Canucks.
Lapierre, best known as an agitator, had four goals and six assists in 48 games last season.
“We were certainly in the neighborhood where our offer was good enough if they wanted to be here,” said Armstrong, per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)