Jul 5, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
He may not be the dynamic offensive center Blues fans were pining for, but Maxim Lapierre is what they’re getting for now.
Per RDS’s Renaud Lavoie, Lapierre has signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal in St. Louis. The 28-year-old comes over from Vancouver, where he was mostly a fourth-liner with the Canucks.
Lapierre, best known as an agitator, had four goals and six assists in 48 games last season.
“We were certainly in the neighborhood where our offer was good enough if they wanted to be here,” said Armstrong, per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25