Jul 5, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
He may not be the dynamic offensive center Blues fans were pining for, but Maxim Lapierre is what they’re getting for now.
Per RDS’s Renaud Lavoie, Lapierre has signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal in St. Louis. The 28-year-old comes over from Vancouver, where he was mostly a fourth-liner with the Canucks.
Lapierre, best known as an agitator, had four goals and six assists in 48 games last season.
“We were certainly in the neighborhood where our offer was good enough if they wanted to be here,” said Armstrong, per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47