Jul 5, 2013, 6:38 PM EST
He may not be the dynamic offensive center Blues fans were pining for, but Maxim Lapierre is what they’re getting for now.
Per RDS’s Renaud Lavoie, Lapierre has signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal in St. Louis. The 28-year-old comes over from Vancouver, where he was mostly a fourth-liner with the Canucks.
Lapierre, best known as an agitator, had four goals and six assists in 48 games last season.
“We were certainly in the neighborhood where our offer was good enough if they wanted to be here,” said Armstrong, per Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)