Jul 5, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
Adams appeared in all 48 regular-season and all 15 playoff games for the Pens in 2013. The 36-year-old Harvard product is a constant on the penalty kill and finished third on the team with 107 hits.
The Vancouver Canucks were reportedly one of the teams that was interested in signing Adams, but in the end he stayed put.
Fun fact: Adams was born in Brunei.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32