Jul 4, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson narrowed his list of teams down to the only one he’s played for (the Ottawa Senators) plus two contenders in the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings, but he’s not ready to choose on Thursday, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
The 40-year-old Swede is expected to make his decision on free agency Friday, instead.
Earlier today, Senators GM Bryan Murray told Sportsnet that he’s confident they’ll keep the captain around.
“I guess it’s the big issue in town. I didn’t realize it was that big an issue because we’re going to get it done, I assume,” Murray said.
We could know if Murray is correct as early as tomorrow.
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 0
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)