Grabovski calls Leafs’ Carlyle an ‘[expletive] idiot’

Jul 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT

grabsgetty Getty Images

The Toronto Maple Leafs’ decision to buy out Mikhail Grabovski prompted polarizing reactions from the team’s fan base, but one thing seems pretty clear: the Russian forward won’t miss playing for head coach Randy Carlyle.

He made that point abundantly (and profanely) clear to TSN’s Jonas Siegel on Thursday, calling Carlyle a stupid coach.

“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”

So, the 29-year-old clearly won’t miss playing for Carlyle, but it sounds like Toronto is a different story.

“Of course I feel [expletive] sad,” Grabovski said. “I played [expletive] five years here. I’m supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world.”

Ultimately, Grabovski believes this turmoil will just add fuel to his fire.

Wherever he ends up, Grabovski’s first game back in Toronto stands as a must-watch.

Latest Posts
  1. Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers

Apr 16, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT

Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ray Emery deflects the puck over his head during the first period of an NHL hockey game against the Calgary Flames, Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Tom Mihalek) AP

Steve Mason is “out.”

2. Get your game notes: Jackets at Penguins

Apr 16, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT

Penguins Blue Jackets Hockey AP

Pittsburgh won all five meetings between the teams during the regular season.

3. Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup

Apr 16, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT

Sidney Crosby, Zdeno Chara AP

Prove us wrong, all 16 teams. Prove…us…wrong.

4. Lightning’s Filppula, Palat expected to return for Game 1

Apr 16, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT

Ondrej Palat, Valtteri Filppula Ondrej Palat, Valtteri Filppula

Tampa Bay’s top-six would have been in trouble without them.

5. Fleury’s true comeback bid starts tonight

Apr 16, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT

Marc-Andre Fleury Marc-Andre Fleury

His solid regular season will be overshadowed by whatever he does in the playoffs.

6. 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks

Apr 16, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT

StanleyCupPlayoffs14

Add yours in the comments section.

7. Report: Duchene to miss at least first two games of Avalanche-Wild series

Apr 15, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT

Boston Bruins v Colorado Avalanche Getty Images

“It puts a lot more pressure on everybody else,” says Nathan MacKinnon.

8. Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall

Apr 15, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT

NHL2014Draft

After losing the No. 1 pick to Colorado last year.

9. Pressing question: Will Philly get the goaltending?

Apr 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT

Steve Mason, Ray Emery AP

Heck, will Steve Mason even be available?

Are Penguins vulnerable vs. Columbus?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches