Grabovski calls Leafs’ Carlyle an ‘[expletive] idiot’

Jul 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT

grabsgetty Getty Images

The Toronto Maple Leafs’ decision to buy out Mikhail Grabovski prompted polarizing reactions from the team’s fan base, but one thing seems pretty clear: the Russian forward won’t miss playing for head coach Randy Carlyle.

He made that point abundantly (and profanely) clear to TSN’s Jonas Siegel on Thursday, calling Carlyle a stupid coach.

“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”

So, the 29-year-old clearly won’t miss playing for Carlyle, but it sounds like Toronto is a different story.

“Of course I feel [expletive] sad,” Grabovski said. “I played [expletive] five years here. I’m supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world.”

Ultimately, Grabovski believes this turmoil will just add fuel to his fire.

Wherever he ends up, Grabovski’s first game back in Toronto stands as a must-watch.

Latest Posts
  1. Avs hope to learn from ‘nightmare’ playoff finish

Jul 24, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT

Minnesota Wild v Colorado Avalanche - Game Seven Getty Images

“Maybe it just wasn’t our time yet,” Patrick Roy said.

2. PHT Morning Skate: What to do with Niemi?

Jul 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

Antti Niemi AP

Thursday’s assortment of links.

3. Babcock on analytics: ‘I love the information’

Jul 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT

mikebabcockgetty Getty Images

Makes sense for a franchise that frequently favors puck possession.

4. Florida phases out ‘Lady Panthers’

Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT

Pittsburgh Penguins v Florida Panthers Getty Images

They’ll feature a “skating-only” ice crew next season.

5. Video: EA teases what’s new in NHL 15

Jul 23, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT

eanhl15screen

Will their latest physics improvements make a big difference?

6. Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016

Jul 23, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT

James Reimer, Mark Fraser, Steven Stamkos AP

“We’ll see what happens. It’s a couple years away.”

7. Sakic says there was ‘never any animosity’ between Avs and O’Reilly

Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT

Joe Sakic AP

“Any of the perceived animosity came from the outside.”

8. Jacques Martin is now Pittsburgh’s senior advisor of hockey operations

Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT

Jacques Martin, Dan Bylsma, Sidney Crosby, James Neal, Chris Kunitz AP

His previously “yet-to-be-determined capacity” has been determined.

9. Fayne looking forward to defending the ‘bigger guys’ in West

Jul 23, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT

Mark Fayne, Mark Letestu AP

“My style and build might be better against the bigger guys.”

10. Ex-NHLer Paek to coach Korea, with goal of participating in 2018 Olympics

Jul 23, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT

Detroit Red Wings 2007 Headshots Getty Images

Won a couple of Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

11. Sabres sign d-man Benoit — one year, $800,000

Jul 23, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT

Colorado Avalanche v San Jose Sharks Getty Images

Had seven goals with 21 assists last year for the Avs.

12. Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain

Jul 23, 2014, 10:23 AM EDT

Colorado Avalanche v Ottawa Senators Getty Images

The 23-year-old can now become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2016.

13. New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now)

Jul 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT

Alex Ovechkin, Victor Hedman AP

Barry Trotz continues Adam Oates’ alteration, at least for now.

14. Stars consider Roussel a ‘big part’ of their team

Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT

Jaden Schwartz, Antoine Roussel AP

They locked him up to a four-year deal on Tuesday.

Bettman hears the boos in Philly
Top 10 NHL Player Searches