Jul 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ decision to buy out Mikhail Grabovski prompted polarizing reactions from the team’s fan base, but one thing seems pretty clear: the Russian forward won’t miss playing for head coach Randy Carlyle.
He made that point abundantly (and profanely) clear to TSN’s Jonas Siegel on Thursday, calling Carlyle a stupid coach.
“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”
So, the 29-year-old clearly won’t miss playing for Carlyle, but it sounds like Toronto is a different story.
“Of course I feel [expletive] sad,” Grabovski said. “I played [expletive] five years here. I’m supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world.”
Ultimately, Grabovski believes this turmoil will just add fuel to his fire.
Wherever he ends up, Grabovski’s first game back in Toronto stands as a must-watch.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 44
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 57
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)