Jul 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ decision to buy out Mikhail Grabovski prompted polarizing reactions from the team’s fan base, but one thing seems pretty clear: the Russian forward won’t miss playing for head coach Randy Carlyle.
He made that point abundantly (and profanely) clear to TSN’s Jonas Siegel on Thursday, calling Carlyle a stupid coach.
“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”
So, the 29-year-old clearly won’t miss playing for Carlyle, but it sounds like Toronto is a different story.
“Of course I feel [expletive] sad,” Grabovski said. “I played [expletive] five years here. I’m supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world.”
Ultimately, Grabovski believes this turmoil will just add fuel to his fire.
Wherever he ends up, Grabovski’s first game back in Toronto stands as a must-watch.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 19
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)