Jul 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ decision to buy out Mikhail Grabovski prompted polarizing reactions from the team’s fan base, but one thing seems pretty clear: the Russian forward won’t miss playing for head coach Randy Carlyle.
He made that point abundantly (and profanely) clear to TSN’s Jonas Siegel on Thursday, calling Carlyle a stupid coach.
“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you’ll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”
So, the 29-year-old clearly won’t miss playing for Carlyle, but it sounds like Toronto is a different story.
“Of course I feel [expletive] sad,” Grabovski said. “I played [expletive] five years here. I’m supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world.”
Ultimately, Grabovski believes this turmoil will just add fuel to his fire.
Wherever he ends up, Grabovski’s first game back in Toronto stands as a must-watch.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)