Jul 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs’ decision to buy out Mikhail Grabovski prompted polarizing reactions from the team’s fan base, but one thing seems pretty clear: the Russian forward won’t miss playing for head coach Randy Carlyle.
He made that point abundantly (and profanely) clear to TSN’s Jonas Siegel on Thursday, calling Carlyle a stupid coach.
“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you’ll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”
So, the 29-year-old clearly won’t miss playing for Carlyle, but it sounds like Toronto is a different story.
“Of course I feel [expletive] sad,” Grabovski said. “I played [expletive] five years here. I’m supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world.”
Ultimately, Grabovski believes this turmoil will just add fuel to his fire.
Wherever he ends up, Grabovski’s first game back in Toronto stands as a must-watch.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)