Jul 4, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Giroux, 25, has one year left on his current deal, which comes with a cap hit of $3.75 million.
Under the new CBA, comparable contracts for star forwards would belong to Anaheim’s duo of Ryan Getzlaf (8 years, $66 million, AAV $8.25 million) and Corey Perry (8 years, $69 million, AAV $8.625 million), as well as Pittsburgh’s Evgeni Malkin (8 years, $76 million, AAV $9.5 million)
Sources tell TSN’s Darren Dreger that Giroux’s cap hit should fall around $8.3 million and that the deal could be announced in a day or two.
It’s worth noting that the Flyers have two significant contracts that expire after the 2013-14 season. One belongs to 38-year-old defenseman Kimmo Timonen ($6 million); the other to 27-year-old defenseman Andrej Meszaros ($4 million).
It’s also been speculated Philadelphia could trade blue-liner Braydon Coburn, who has three years remaining on his deal, with a cap hit of $4.5 million.
Source say agreement on 8 yrs but $$ not done yet—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) July 04, 2013
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)