Jul 3, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
“Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi explained. “The bottom line is that he’s fine.
“Now the issue is what caused it. There are a myriad of things that can cause them.”
Lombardi said the hospital planned to release Stoll later today after running a series of tests.
It should be noted the 31-year-old suffered a concussion during the playoffs, missing almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round series against San Jose following a Raffi Torres hit.
More on Stoll’s recovery from that injury, from the Times’ Helene Elliott:
“I’m skating so there’s no setbacks,” he said. “I’m taking it slow. I’ve done this before, earlier on in my career, so I know how it feels and what’s right and what’s not, if I’m off or back to normal or not. So just day by day.”
Stoll suffered two concussions during the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers, including one that kept him out of the team’s final 30 games.
He said the problems resulting from this concussion were “not even close” to the severity of the symptoms he faced six years ago.
Following the Kings-Sharks series, Stoll returned to play in all five games against Chicago in the Western Conference finals.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)