Jul 3, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
“Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi explained. “The bottom line is that he’s fine.
“Now the issue is what caused it. There are a myriad of things that can cause them.”
Lombardi said the hospital planned to release Stoll later today after running a series of tests.
It should be noted the 31-year-old suffered a concussion during the playoffs, missing almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round series against San Jose following a Raffi Torres hit.
More on Stoll’s recovery from that injury, from the Times’ Helene Elliott:
“I’m skating so there’s no setbacks,” he said. “I’m taking it slow. I’ve done this before, earlier on in my career, so I know how it feels and what’s right and what’s not, if I’m off or back to normal or not. So just day by day.”
Stoll suffered two concussions during the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers, including one that kept him out of the team’s final 30 games.
He said the problems resulting from this concussion were “not even close” to the severity of the symptoms he faced six years ago.
Following the Kings-Sharks series, Stoll returned to play in all five games against Chicago in the Western Conference finals.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)