Jul 3, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
“Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi explained. “The bottom line is that he’s fine.
“Now the issue is what caused it. There are a myriad of things that can cause them.”
Lombardi said the hospital planned to release Stoll later today after running a series of tests.
It should be noted the 31-year-old suffered a concussion during the playoffs, missing almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round series against San Jose following a Raffi Torres hit.
More on Stoll’s recovery from that injury, from the Times’ Helene Elliott:
“I’m skating so there’s no setbacks,” he said. “I’m taking it slow. I’ve done this before, earlier on in my career, so I know how it feels and what’s right and what’s not, if I’m off or back to normal or not. So just day by day.”
Stoll suffered two concussions during the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers, including one that kept him out of the team’s final 30 games.
He said the problems resulting from this concussion were “not even close” to the severity of the symptoms he faced six years ago.
Following the Kings-Sharks series, Stoll returned to play in all five games against Chicago in the Western Conference finals.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)