Jul 3, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
“Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi explained. “The bottom line is that he’s fine.
“Now the issue is what caused it. There are a myriad of things that can cause them.”
Lombardi said the hospital planned to release Stoll later today after running a series of tests.
It should be noted the 31-year-old suffered a concussion during the playoffs, missing almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round series against San Jose following a Raffi Torres hit.
More on Stoll’s recovery from that injury, from the Times’ Helene Elliott:
“I’m skating so there’s no setbacks,” he said. “I’m taking it slow. I’ve done this before, earlier on in my career, so I know how it feels and what’s right and what’s not, if I’m off or back to normal or not. So just day by day.”
Stoll suffered two concussions during the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers, including one that kept him out of the team’s final 30 games.
He said the problems resulting from this concussion were “not even close” to the severity of the symptoms he faced six years ago.
Following the Kings-Sharks series, Stoll returned to play in all five games against Chicago in the Western Conference finals.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)