Jul 3, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
The AHL’s Toronto Marlies have hired Steve Spott to replace departed head coach Dallas Eakins.
Spott, 45, was the head coach of the OHL’s Kitchener Rangers for the past five seasons. Until now, he was perhaps best known for coaching Team Canada at the 2013 World Juniors. (Not in a good way, either — Canada finished out of the medals despite going into the tournament with a stacked team.)
Eakins, of course, left the Marlies to become the new bench boss of the Edmonton Oilers.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42